"Sunrise Gift"
by The Word Weaver, Deb on May 25th, 2012

Creation's beauty speaks to me.  Sometimes it shouts.  Other times it whispers to my soul.  Always it conveys the love, grace, and majesty of my Heavenly Father. It's one of my favorite things, and it graces my life with joy.

Speaking of favorites, I'm linking to the Finding Joy blog for Favorite Things Friday.

It's the first time I've ever linked to another blog...And yes, I am accepting high fives for the brave little blogger! Thanks!

Seriously, the whole purpose of linking is to introduce folks to different writers.  If you're looking for unique facets of joy, please consider clicking the above link and reading other perspectives.

If you're here because you found this post at Finding Joy, Welcome to The Word Weaver!  Please come back and make yourself at home here!

Read on for my moment of joy...

"Sunrise Gift"

Dawn tiptoed
Caressing the earth
With soft light,
Kissing beauty
With kindly warmth,
Breathing courage
With steady presence,
Awakening life
With gentle touch.

Copyright 2012, The Word Weaver, Deb Weaver

Posted in Beauty Speaks to Me, Poetic Thoughts    Tagged with Poetry, Beauty, Sunrise, Gift, Joy, Creation

Tammy - May 25th, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Beautiful!!
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 25th, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Thanks, Tammy! What a privilege it is to wake up to this beauty!
Renee - May 26th, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Hi, Deb! I love this post and your beautiful site. I enjoyed reading your About Me page. I would say that I also overuse ! and fall to the temptation of procrastination. I'm an unpublished writer and have received some great encouragement and guidance from a group called American Christian Fiction Writers. In terms of your YA novel you might want to check them out . . . Though I am in upstate New York, my sister lives in Columbia, SC. She works at a church there and says she'll never "come home" to the snow and cold again! . . . Anyway, I linked up with you on FB and Twitter. Hope to read more of your posts. Blessings!
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 26th, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Thanks, Renee! I'm so glad you've visited and that we've found some things in common. Thanks for the tip regarding the American Christian Fiction Writers. I don't know of too many who have actually read my About Me page--so thanks!
Carrie - May 26th, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Sunrise gift,that is exactly what it is, i love to set and watch the sunrise and set. its a beautiful thing God gave us. and your writing is beautiful
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 26th, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Thanks, Carrie. It is a tremendous blessing to view such beauty.
Marti - May 26th, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Thank you for visiting me. I am in love with beauty, my family, my history, and enjoy sharing these with you. I enjoyed my stroll through your sight, and will make this a regular stop. Have a peaceful weekend.
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 26th, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Thanks, Marti! I'm glad you stopped by and hope you will visit regularly! I'm gluing leaves on tree tops for my son's play this weekend--back to gluing soon; break's over!
Mary Beth - May 26th, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Lovely! I wish I had the gift of writing poetry! To capture such beauty with words! Great job!

Mary Beth

Newlifesteward.com
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 26th, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Thanks, Mary Beth! I actually hated poetry and never ever tried writing it until I picked up Poemcrazy by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge last fall. It encouraged me to try, and I actually enjoy it!
Mary Beth - May 28th, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Oh how funny. As a student, I got frustrated thinking all poetry had to rhyme. Now that my older self knows that's not true, maybe I should try again!
The Word Weaver, Deb - May 28th, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I really recommend the book. It made me excited about writing again! Playful, without rules, fun! Do try!
Deb W. - June 1st, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Hi Deb! I love your blog! I especially enjoyed the post about your mom. You expressed your feelings beautifully. I am so sorry for your loss. I will surely face this some day with my mom....I can't even imagine it. May the Lord bless you for touching so many hearts with your gift of writing.
The Word Weaver, Deb - June 1st, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Deb, thanks for stopping by and for commenting! I hope you'll visit again. Saying goodbye to my Mom has been such an emotional loss. I know she's with Jesus which helps tremendously, but I miss her. God's comfort has been a huge aide.
Cathy McCormick - June 10th, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Deb --- This posting was worth the wait! Thanks for sharing your "stop and smell the roses" moment.
The Word Weaver, Deb - June 10th, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Thank you, Cathy! I appreciate your sweet comment. His gifts are worth savoring!